Condominium/multi-use commercial soundproofing projects are our specialtity. We’ll provide everything you need to make sure it’s a hassle free process and get your floors installed in no time, the right way. American Flooring Distributors will provide your HOA with all the STC Ratings, IIC Ratings, and make Acoustical Underlayment recommendations to get your hardwood, tile or resilient floor approved for installation. We’re a fully licensed flooring contractor and distributor of PROFLEX sound control underlayments serving Condominiums Communities throughout San Francisco as well as the rest of California. Most homeowners do not realize that just because an STC rating is published that it might not work based on the construction of your condo or home. The build out dictates how the acoustical underlayment will perform.
- Not sure what your HOA requirements are for soundproofing?
- Don’t know where or how to start the process?
- What are IIC / STC ratings?
- What type of acoustical Underlayment is best?
- Can I Float / Glue / Staple my hardwood?
- Do I need a licensed contractor?
Let us do the leg work while you relax. We’ll find a solution to meet your HOA requirements and get your approved in no time. Chances are, we probably already have done a project in your Condominium.
PROFLEX™ MSC 90 is a 90 mil composite acoustical underlayment consisting of a rubberized membrane laminated to a high strength reinforcing fabric on the face and a siliconized release sheet on the adhesive side. Proflex MSC is designed for full coverage crack suppression and sound control. PROFLEX™ MSC 90 is specially designed to be used under approved thinsets, mortars, and adhesives for interior and exterior applications of ceramic tile, stone, and brick, and for interior applications of wood flooring to eliminate the transmission of cracks and to reduce sound transmission. Other applications also may be suitable. To eliminate cracks in finished floor work, the product should be applied to the entire substrate prior to the installation of the finished flooring for crack suppression.
ACOUSTICAL UNDERLAYMENT ADVANTAGES:
- Easy and fast to install with standard tools
- Ready for tiling immediately after installation
- Crack and joint isolation up to 3/8″
- Crack Suppression
- Sound Control
- Moisture Vapor Protection up to 5# per 1000 sq.ft/24 hr
- *CaCl2 Test (see installation instructions)
SUTIABLE SURFACES FOR ACOUSTICAL UNDERLAYMENT:
- Concrete (Poured, Prestressed, Precast)
- Cured (Mortar Beds, Self Leveling Compounds, Gypcrete)
- Concrete Backerboards
- Wood (Exterior Grade Plywood, Hardwood, Toungue and Groove, OSB)
Acoustical Underlayment COVERAGES, PACKAGING:
- 100 sq.ft. per roll
- 3′ x 33.3′ roll boxed