After trying nearly every wood glue out there, we asked East Coast Flooring and Interiors to try various wood glues on their projects. After 6 months of trials, the top 2 were Bostiks Best and Proflex PWA 200.
We have decided to feature the Proflex PWA 200 below. The price is about $50 per 5 gallon less than the Bostik’s Best and according to a trusted wood flooring company, every bit as good. You can purchase in Sacramento for only $129. Compare that to Bostik Best which will run $149-$199.
PROFLEX™ PWA-200 is a superior one component moisture curing urethane adhesive. PROFLEX PWA-200 possesses high strength bond properties with superior elasticity allowing a good wet / green grab, a superior non-slump capability, and excellent shrink resistance allowing consistent contact between the wood flooring and substrate.
PROFLEX PWA-200 can be used over both concrete and wood substrates to install finish wood surfaces including solid hardwood planks, laminate hardwood flooring, and parquet flooring.
- Easy application
- Low solvent VOC formula
- Superior Non slip capability
- Strong Wet/Green Capability
- Minimal Shrinkage and non slump for superior contact
- Proflex Elastomeric Membranes
- Proflex RCU Sound Control Underlayments
- Backer Boards
COVERAGES, RECOMMENDED TROWEL SIZES and PACKAGING:
- Multiply Engineered / Laminated Plank up to 6″ wide and up to 5/8″ thick. Trowel Size 3/16 x 1/4″ x 1/2″ V notch
- Coverage = 55 sq.ft. per gallon
- Solid Wood Flooring 3″ wide up to 1/2″ – 3/4″ shorts and parquet – Trowel Size 1/4″ x 1/4″ x 1/4″ square notch
- Coverage = 35 sq.ft. per gallon
- Finger Block Parquet up to 1/2″ thick – Trowel Size 1/8″ x 1/8″ x 1/8″ square notch
- Coverage = 80 sq.ft. per gallon.
Condition finish flooring surface and install in accordance with wood
manufacturers directions. Pour product over the correctly prepared
surface, and trowel in place using a suitable notch trowel for the application
of this product (see trowel chart). For Wet Lay Method –
Press flooring firmly into PROFLEX PWA-200 adhesive immediately
after troweling. For Walk-On Method – Press flooring firmly into PROFLEX
PWA-200 adhesive once product has cured to its initial grab
(approx. 15-20 minutes).