MSI (Thick Bed Mortar)
PROFLEX™ MSI is an installation system for installing tile and stone finish surfaces to a variety of substrates. The system uses PROFLEX™ elastomeric Crack Isolation membranes, or our Hydra-Seal crack isolation and waterproofing along with a high strength ANSI 118.11 thinset style mortar (PART 1) and a Reinforced Portland cement based thick bed mortar mix (PART 2). These components work together to ensure a superior bond of tile and stone finish surfaces unmatched by other manufacturers.
PROFLEX™ MSI is a system of products to be used for installing large format tile and stone. It is specially formulated to control shrinkage of a thick bed mortar. This system is designed to assist installers that are installing larger tile and stone as well as un-gagged stone, slate , marble, and granite (not water sensitive stones). Designed to go up to 4” over the Proflex membranes. The system can be applied to floors, countertops, and shower floors.
- Consistent Performance
- Both Part 1 and 2 mix with water
- High Strength bond for large format Tile and Stone installations
- Portland Cement Based Products
- Limited 15 year system warranty
- Meets and Exceeds ANSI A118.11, A108.1A, A108.1B
*CaCl Test (see installation instructions)
- Concrete Substrates to be structurally sound, dry and free from grease, oil, dirt, dust, and other foreign matter such as curing agents and other “bond breaking” material.
- Use a minimum 5/8” premium grade plywood over subfloor; All wooden flooring underlayment’s to be placed over 16” on center joists with a total thickness of 1 1/4” of the wooden substrate.
- MSI PART 1 – An ANSI A118.11 multi purpose, Portland cement based, polymer modified mortar.
- MSI PART 2 – Portland cement based thick-bed mortar mix with various sized aggregates and specially designed fiber reinforcement. Working Time: 60 minutes Coverage: One (1) 50# bag of mortar will yield 7sq.ft at 1” thickness. Do not exceed 4” of thickness with this product.
Material Safety Data Sheet n/a
Warranty based on the system of materials used to install finish flooring products.
Please refer to our full warranty information for specific terms and conditions.